Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RS485 female?

Options
  • 16-05-2021 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to connect up a cable which as RS485 connections at either end. However, only one end has a male connection for me to screw my cable into.

At one end is a female RS485 on the end of the device with a male connector supplied for me to connect into. So that side is fine for me.

On the other side is a another male connector - however, I've no way of connecting into it. I could cut out the connection and solder joint the two cables, but I'd prefer not to do this incase the item needs to be returned.

Where can I purchase a RS485 female connection?

TDLR: I need the female for this connector:
    s-l400.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AFAIK there is no standard connector - post a photo ?

places like Radionics or Farnell / cpcfarnell should do them

Edit google images shows RJ45 , DB9 , terminals for individual wires and other connectors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Images attached :

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Images attached :

Probably a phoenix connector. You could just try put a crimp terminal onto each wire and push onto the pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Thanks looks like that. However, can't see the female I require.
    I could buy a matched pair but then I'd still be cutting the cable - so may as well just use Wago in that scenario.
    Nothing is ever easy.

Advertisement