Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greece 2021 _ September

Options
  • 16-05-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was going to take the risk and book for a week in Greece this September.

I am assuming we will all be vaccinated by then, and won't need to quarantine upon return.

Its a cracking deal and weather is still decent that month.

Is anyone else taking the plunge & booking for September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I was going to take the risk and book for a week in Greece this September.

I am assuming we will all be vaccinated by then, and won't need to quarantine upon return.

Its a cracking deal and weather is still decent that month.

Is anyone else taking the plunge & booking for September?

Not going to Greece but have the hols booked for France in mid Sept. Always the optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Not going to Greece but have the hols booked for France in mid Sept. Always the optimist.

Nice one, I understand some will still be hesitant but I think by September things will have eased dramatically.

I haven't been abroad in few years, feck it, im going to book and sure what will be will be! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Portugal booked for 30 Aug departure for the Ireland game, not sure if fans will be attending but hope to God flights and travel will be ok at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I have Crete flights booked for end Sept, weather is normally around 25 degrees then so bloody perfect. I have contacted the guy I get my accom off and booked that as well. 12 nights. We'll both be full vaccinated in the next few weeks. Crete needs the tourists, and we need the sun and down time, if its relatively safe to go then why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

TheFairy wrote: »
    I have Crete flights booked for end Sept, weather is normally around 25 degrees then so bloody perfect. I have contacted the guy I get my accom off and booked that as well. 12 nights. We'll both be full vaccinated in the next few weeks. Crete needs the tourists, and we need the sun and down time, if its relatively safe to go then why not?

Yep i agree, unless another strain of the Virus comes and knock us back, but fingers crossed that won't happen.

Something to look forward to ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 win1

Hi, looking at booking a week in Greece in September also, it will be our first time going to Greece. Any recommendations of accommodation in Crete or any other locations, we are a couple in our 40's, who like beach by day, food & drink at night. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ive been on umpteen holidays to Spain, and Portugal etc. They where grand, but never great. Then we went to Crete and I fell in love with the place, the people, the food etc.

We fly to Chania, Ryanair or Agean fly from Dublin, with Aegean you change in Athens. Then its a 20min taxi into Chania. There's loads of accommodation in the old town, its a beautiful place to stay, but we stay just off Nea Chora beach, 15 min walk around the coast from the old town. Its got a nice beach, however you can easily walk to 3 or 4 other beaches within 30 mins or so west.

It depends what you want, we (2 of us in late 40's early 50's) stay in a 2 bed apartment 100m from the beach in Nea Chora, we first booked on AirBNB then got to know the owner and now book direct, I just pay him when I get there.

Old town has lots of shops, bars, museums and people watching, its great place to dander into in the evening. However as its a small city there are lots of modern shops etc too.

On Nea Chora beach there are around 10 Tavernas and a few small shops etc.

Thanks for your feedback, Crete looks amazing so hoping to book this week. Going to look at Air B&B tonight ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

We've stayed in Agii Apostoli a few times, three beautiful beaches there
    Hop on bus into town every night

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Just booked Corfu for mid august...

Advertisement