Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wideslab flooring - Airtightness

Options
  • 16-05-2021 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi. I have read a few threads on the wrapping of the precast slab. A lot of the time it refers to hollowcore.. I will be using wideslab slabs and as a self builder , I am looking for input on the detail.
    I believe the wide slab don’t have the same air issues as HC... generally I have been told that builders in my area bed the slab in mortar and don’t use membrane. For me it seems, bedding the slabs, then taping the underside of slab to external wall and airtight painting the extent of the wall down to just below the suspended ceiling might be the plan?. Upstairs , probably tape joint as well although I will be pouring a screed .
    I presume u cannot bed and use membrane at the same time, logistically it would not work with the slabs on-site?
    Thanks

Advertisement