Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids bike wheel help

Options
  • 15-05-2021 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I got a bike from a friend for my young lad, his son has out grown it and lost interest while mine is getting more and more interested in cycling.

The bike has been neglected and left out in the rain etc but I have the shifting etc working and replaced the brake blocks and bar tape etc, it's starting to tidy up well.

I'm having trouble getting new tyres for it, asked in three lbs to no avail

The rim says its 559x14, tyre 25x1 and tube same size. I fitted a 26' tube into it and its grand though.

The tyres are fairly work and I wouldn't let him in the road with it the way it is.

It's a Dawes Sprint bike, would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a lbs who would maybe do a bit more in the line of kids bikes.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭HBC08

this.lad wrote: »
    I got a bike from a friend for my young lad, his son has out grown it and lost interest while mine is getting more and more interested in cycling.

The bike has been neglected and left out in the rain etc but I have the shifting etc working and replaced the brake blocks and bar tape etc, it's starting to tidy up well.

The rim says its 559x14, tyre 25x1 and tube same size. I fitted a 26' tube into it and its grand though.

The tyres are fairly work and I wouldn't let him in the road with it the way it is.

It's a Dawes Sprint bike, would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a lbs who would maybe do a bit more in the line of kids bikes.

Thanks in advance

Very difficult to get anything bike related at the moment .Bikeinn are a dodgy site id never use but had to as they were the only ones with the bits I needed.It was a week late and they have terrible reviews but got the order in the end,might be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

this.lad wrote: »

Thanks in advance

559 is a regular 26" MTB wheel, hense majority of tyres are rather fat.

Those should fit all right, but verify clearance at fork... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fincci-32-559-Mountain-Hybrid-Bicycle/dp/B07RCFBQMY

Advertisement