Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

First car?

• 15-05-2021 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

How much do people spend on a first car?
    The best I can find in a dealership is a 2014 Micra for €9k with insurance coming at €2k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭ Skill Magill

Just go for an older model micra or yaris thats nct'd and taxed, easy enough to get one for about a grand. Of course depends on your budget.
    AIG do young persons (1st timers?) You can get a quote online here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

Is the Micra the best small Automatic? I know cheaper is better for your first car but I don’t want to buy a heap of scrap either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭ Skill Magill

Both the micra and yaris would be rock solid cars for starting off in. Really bulletproof, but I'd go for a manual, that would cover the automatic licence too, but not the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭ Gael23

Both the micra and yaris would be rock solid cars for starting off in. Really bulletproof, but I'd go for a manual, that would cover the automatic licence too, but not the other way around

I’m aware of the licence restriction of an automatic but I’m not sure I can get the hang of a manual.

Advertisement