Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

161 Focus fuel access question

• 14-05-2021 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.

I have a 161 focus, and my girlfriend has a 131 fiesta. On her car, anyone can open the flap to access the fuel tank, the same as my own car, but on her car you need to insert a petrol nozzle to get into the tank part itself, whereas on my car you can push the thing open with your finger. I havent the car long, but that hardly seems right? That someone walking down the street could put whatever they want into the fuel tank.

Can anyone shed any light on this, is this standard or is it a fault?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Doesn't the fuel filler door lock when the car is locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Keyless entry I guess, try opening when you don't have the key, it should be locked....
    As above be very careful of others opening flaps....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DaChamp

Doesn't the fuel filler door lock when the car is locked?

No you can press it in to release it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

DaChamp wrote: »
    No you can press it in to release it

Yeah but when the car is locked doesn’t the fuel door lock too? Pretty certain they should do that. The Mondeo of that vintage did anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

If the car is locked the door shouldn't open when you push it in.

• Advertisement

Just went out to double check. The car is locked and i was able to open it and open the flap to get into the tank aswell. That couldnt be right

Just went out to double check. The car is locked and i was able to open it and open the flap to get into the tank aswell. That couldnt be right

Was the key in your pocket?

Look for the little tab that should block it, these can get caked in dirt and stop working.

Something something self lubricating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Diesel flaps

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Something something self lubricating

• Advertisement

Was the key in your pocket?

Look for the little tab that should block it, these can get caked in dirt and stop working.

The key just has the 3 buttons on it. Open, lock and boot. Sorry for my ignorance but I cant figure out what tab you mean

The key just has the 3 buttons on it. Open, lock and boot. Sorry for my ignorance but I cant figure out what tab you mean

Where the fuel door latches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

does your car have keyless entry> leave key in house and see does it open, #have a 10 focus tdci and even though the flap can open there is a cover which opens when you insert the fuel nozzle

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cos20

I have a 2017 Focus here & with the car locked I can still open the flap.

does your car have keyless entry> leave key in house and see does it open, #have a 10 focus tdci and even though the flap can open there is a cover which opens when you insert the fuel nozzle

Ya i had a good look at it there and there is a cover maybe 5cm down that you need the nozzle to get past. I suppose thats the way its supposed to be, that hardly seems right though, that anyone could put something in past the flap and it could very easily get into the tank.

Advertisement