Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend decent sack trucks for moving very heavy plant pots.

Options
  • 14-05-2021 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭

The handes just broke off our well rusted 30 year old sack trucks and I'm looking for a replacement. They were second hand when I got them and have been welded up in the past so they really have had it.

The problem is they will get abuse and will be left out in a damp shed so I'm looking for something with a decent amount of metal in it to start with. Also want sold unpuncturable wheels.

Have had steel sack trucks from B&Q and they were rubbish tyres always flat when you needed them and quickly rusted out and fell to bits.

I'm looking on Amazon atm and spotting any that have a bit of strength to them is proving tricky.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Aldi and lidl have them occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Aldi and lidl have them occasionally

I was looking for something more substantial. The problem is from a photograph online its hard to tell how solid and heavy a set of trucks really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I was looking for something more substantial. The problem is from a photograph online its hard to tell how solid and heavy a set of trucks really are.
    When buying at something offered on line, you will be given more than just a photograph.You can usually go into the Specifications page or the Delivery one and find out the weight and dimensions. If you still have your existing one you can make a comparison.
    (Unlike my wife, who buys all sorts of thing with a blithe disregard for such details:))

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Are you still looking for sack trucks? Morris's in Waterford, if that's anyway handy for you, have a couple of styles of mighty looking sack trucks with big wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Got to go in for NCT next Friday will give them a look over then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Coop superstore have them from time to time

Advertisement