Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core aerator

Options
  • 13-05-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Would anyone know where I could purchase a hollow tine aerator. I have been doing some research and it appears that the aerators with the twin tine hollows work much better than those with four or five tines.

There is one available on Amazon but is does not ship to ROI.

I have tried to aerate the lawn with a standard fork but believe that I need to take the cores out for it the have any effect.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Afternoon,

Would anyone know where I could purchase a hollow tine aerator. I have been doing some research and it appears that the aerators with the twin tine hollows work much better than those with four or five tines.

There is one available on Amazon but is does not ship to ROI.

I have tried to aerate the lawn with a standard fork but believe that I need to take the cores out for it the have any effect.

Thanks

I've used both fork and hollow tine and even used a powered machines for aeration.

For small areas stick with a fork. Hollow tine is OK in good soil in good ground condtions but in stoney ground and the rubbished filled gardens in many new developments they aren't that good. If the fork goes in most of the time without hitting anything they a hollow tine will be OK.

This is a cheap one from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingfisher-RC401-Gold-Lawn-Aerator/dp/B0060LSEQU/ not 100% sure on quality and what looks like the same one under a different brand name from Screwfix that you may be able to get locally https://www.screwfix.ie/p/spear-jackson-5-prong-lawn-aerator/673KJ .

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

i have seen one of these for sale in B&Q for around €30

Advertisement