Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing and privacy

Options
  • 13-05-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Looking for some advice.

Recently started doing a decking and due to the slope in the garden the back had to be raised.

This has brought an issue in that I can now see over into the neightbouring houses.

Any cheap and chearful solutions to attach and increase the height of the fence?

See the atthaced photo. I dont need much height mayb 2 extra feet?

https://ibb.co/7nPQvZw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Lengths of trellis screwed on with a view to growing evergreen climber along it would work- but- you may go over the height where you need planning so I would chat to the neighbour to make sure they are ok with it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Likewise I'd trellis if you can plant climbers but would the added height block evening sunlight to the neighbours behind you?

Could you put in a few large containers with some bamboo? They will need plenty of depth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

hirondelle wrote: »
    Lengths of trellis screwed on with a view to growing evergreen climber along it would work- but- you may go over the height where you need planning so I would chat to the neighbour to make sure they are ok with it first.
    The neighbour would probably be happy not to be overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

The neighbour would probably be happy not to be overlooked.

Probably, but still no harm to mention it to them first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 PeadarOBriain

I would agree with the trellis idea and definitely talk to the neighbour when possible. You can also get rolls of willow cane and bamboo fencing which are not too expensive and wouldn’t have to wait for climbers to grow.

Advertisement