Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single barbless hooked spinners in Ireland

• 12-05-2021 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I can't find any in Ireland and the waters I'm fishing in require no trebles or earthworms. Anyone know of anywhere that sells them or of a type of spinner I could exchange the trebles for a single on when I buy them?

I'm just wondering if the treble rule is the same for the entire country? Is there some sort of list of rivers or chart I can look at that tells me what rules are what and for where?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Cut the treble off and add a sinlge hook on a split ring

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭The Darkroom

viper123 wrote: »
    Cut the treble off and add a sinlge hook on a split ring

Sorry viper I'm an amateur at this and have not fished in over 10 years. How do I cut it off and then add the single? Is there any videos out there demonstrating how to do it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

Sorry viper I'm an amateur at this and have not fished in over 10 years. How do I cut it off and then add the single? Is there any videos out there demonstrating how to do it? :confused:

Have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-pPmOqM33I

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sean000

Use a small pair of wire cutters to remove the treble from the spinner then follow the instructions on the video con747 posted. You need 4 items, wire cutters, split ring pliers, split rings and single LURE hooks in a size suited to the spinner you are using. I recommend Gamakatsu single lure hooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sean000 wrote: »
    Use a small pair of wire cutters to remove the treble from the spinner then follow the instructions on the video con747 posted. You need 4 items, wire cutters, split ring pliers, split rings and single LURE hooks in a size suited to the spinner you are using. I recommend Gamakatsu single lure hooks.

Agreed, great hooks, and the singles seem to do a lot less damage to small fish, perch and the like, for light spinning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement