Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

novara.ie DNS / Digihost / host.ie

Options
  • 12-05-2021 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Hello all (Mods lpease move if this is not the correct section)

I am trying to help someone who has a website hosted on Blacknight but the NS was pointing to novara.ie

They have no idea why, Blacknight have no idea and the person that set it up is long gone.

I have since found out that Novara are part Digihost and host.ie and they are not possible to contact. They have either gone under or dont care.

Can anyone offer any insight as to what has or is going on?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

What are you trying to achieve - move the hosting/DNS to Blacknight or Novara? Is the site functional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks Spocker,

Site is off line with a HTTP ERROR 500.

What I am trying to do is figure out for them why it stopped working. It stopped around 7 - 10 days ago and I suspect it is the Novara DNS that is down or defunct.

PM me the site address (or post it here) and I'll do a little digging for you

Thanks Spocker, I am at a loss with this one....
    PM On way

OK, so I had to look up Novara as it was 2008 when they were acquired by Digiweb, heres what I know:

The DNS record is with Blacknight, but I'd be assuming there are some other records in the BK control panel that are pointing to the actual site in host.ie. The 500 errors is "Internal Server Error", the only way to fix this is to login to the console on host.ie (if you have those details) and see whats going on. The site itself seems straightforward enough, I don't think theres a DB missing or anything. I found the link to make the bookings, which doesn't seem to work either

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    OK, so I had to look up Novara as it was 2008 when they were acquired by Digiweb, heres what I know:

The DNS record is with Blacknight, but I'd be assuming there are some other records in the BK control panel that are pointing to the actual site in host.ie. The 500 errors is "Internal Server Error", the only way to fix this is to login to the console on host.ie (if you have those details) and see whats going on. The site itself seems straightforward enough, I don't think theres a DB missing or anything. I found the link to make the bookings, which doesn't seem to work either

Thanks Spocker, I changed the DNS from novara to Blacknight after speaking with Blacknight. The Novara DNS was giving the 500 error.

I wonder if I try host.ie on the Blacknight control panel

The owner does not have any access to any other back end apart from Blacknight. The last person to work on the site also didn't have any information to provide.

Is the site configured and running on the BK infrastructure, that you know of? Until you know when the actual pages for the site are (either host.ie or BK) changing the DNS won't fix it unfortunately

Advertisement