Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pomodoro

Options
  • 11-05-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Feels like a silly question but I’m really struggling to find a free/cheap taskbar pomodoro app/programme.

I’m on a work windows10/surface book. Just something small at the bottom of the taskbar.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

karlitob wrote: »
    Feels like a silly question but I’m really struggling to find a free/cheap taskbar pomodoro app/programme.

I’m on a work windows10/surface book. Just something small at the bottom of the taskbar.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I use Tomighty - https://tomighty.github.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭karlitob

Thank you.

No joy - work has blocked it. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

You probably aware of Win10 build in timer(s), if any use

You probably aware of Win10 build in timer(s), if any use

Yes. Spotted the alarms and clock which has a timer on it. I was looking for a ‘programme’ and perhaps too focussed on it. I might investigate it further - see if there’s a way to set up recurrent and repeated time blocks. I just used 25/5 most of the time anyway.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Thank you.

No joy - work has blocked it. Thanks again.

And I thought my employer was restrictive :confused:

Is the link that is blocked or the installation of the program itself ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Yes. Spotted the alarms and clock which has a timer on it. I was looking for a ‘programme’ and perhaps too focussed on it. I might investigate it further - see if there’s a way to set up recurrent and repeated time blocks. I just used 25/5 most of the time anyway.

Thank you.
    If you have no local admin rights, you either need to ask IT to install or you out of luck with app.
    Build in you can pin it to taskbar
    Dont think there is option to make reoccurring. See if setting alarms at intervals might suite you

And I thought my employer was restrictive :confused:

Is the link that is blocked or the installation of the program itself ?

Blocked. To be fair / they just suffered a ransomware attack today so maybe they’re right - or maybe it didn’t do anything so shouldn’t be So restrictive.

Advertisement