Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone familiar with an caislean, ballincollig?

Options
  • 11-05-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, as the title says, is anyone here familiar with an caislean ballincollig? Is it good area to live in? Its close to innishmore, does that cause any issue? Any input will be appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is it close to inishmore ? There's some very nice houses between it and inishmore ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tejinderss

Markcheese wrote: »
    Is it close to inishmore ? There's some very nice houses between it and inishmore ,

Sorry I am not familiar with the area, it's showing 700m from inishmore so I thought it's close enough. I heard bad things about inishmore so was bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubhurler4

I wouldn’t say it’s close to innismore. Both estates are on opposite sides of a busy main road with numerous other houses and housing estates between them. I wouldn’t have considered it a factor if looking at houses in An Caislean.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

tejinderss wrote: »
    Hi, as the title says, is anyone here familiar with an caislean ballincollig? Is it good area to live in? Its close to innishmore, does that cause any issue? Any input will be appreciated

Cheers

An Caislean would be a very safe and nice area to live . Innishmore had a bad name over 20yrs but nowadays it seems to have quietened down a lot .

Ballincollig being a satellite town was only a village up to 25 yrs ago but is now nearly part of cork city .

It has numerous housing Estates and over the years you would hear of bits of trouble here and there but overall it would be very safe town to live and I could honestly say I’d have no problem of walking through inishmore any time night or day .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tejinderss wrote: »
    Sorry I am not familiar with the area, it's showing 700m from inishmore so I thought it's close enough. I heard bad things about inishmore so was bit worried.

I live 2 minutes away from there, the place has quietened down a lot, 20 - 30 years ago it was really dodgy but I never see any trouble these days, so nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement