Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for an Engineering Contractor

Options
  • 10-05-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

I have a limited copmany, with one employee and the company which i've been contracting for is asking to see insurance certificate(s), as their insurance company is auditing them. Does anybody know what type of insurance I should be getting and where I could go for a competative price?

I am the only employee and my wife and I are directors.

I am working in the pharmaceutical industry in design, install and testing of new equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I am the only employee and my wife and I are directors.

I am working in the pharmaceutical industry in design, install and testing of new equipment.

They will be looking for employers liability,public liability. Product liability if you supply equipment. Professional indemnity if you do design. And you should have directors insurance for yourselves. A local broker is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Borzoi wrote: »
    They will be looking for employers liability,public liability. Product liability if you supply equipment. Professional indemnity if you do design. And you should have directors insurance for yourselves. A local broker is your best bet

Exactly this

Employer
    Public
    Professional

Are 3 of the key ones

Product as mention and director is handy

But defo the first 3

Also, I'd check do they need you to have a certain level of cover on each

Eg 1.3, 2 or 5 million etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Thanks to you both

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Check out Crotty Insurance, underwritten by Tokio Marine. I got PI insurance from them at a better rate than anywhere else.

Actually, now that I look this up, I see Crotty has been acquired by a UK company Global Risk Partners (GRP). I think they're still open for business as usual.

There's an older thread about this topic that might be worth a look too.

Advertisement