Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a scarifier

Options
  • 10-05-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a scarifier for the garden and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations? I have a long enough garden so don't want any hand held ones, any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭black & white

I got an electric one in Lidl a good few years ago, paid about 80 for it and it's still going strong. There's a few advertised online for under 200 Euro so maybe one of those would suit you. They're the kind of thing you only use once or twice a year so no need to spend too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Thanks, are they usually battery operated or electric?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Never seen a battery one yet. They can be electric or petrol. Neighbor has the Bosch one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08T9RQL2W/ and finds it very good.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

I got myself a Qualcast 35s and I bought the scarifier cartridge on ebay. I've found it a good investment so far anyway.

Advertisement