Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford Transit Head Height

Options
  • 10-05-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi
    I was looking at the revenue website and one of the conditions for a conversion is an adverage height person sould be able to walk around inside. The Ford 17 seat bus you do have to bend your head.. would this pass do you know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

wexford12 wrote: »
    Hi
    I was looking at the revenue website and one of the conditions for a conversion is an adverage height person sould be able to walk around inside. The Ford 17 seat bus you do have to bend your head.. would this pass do you know

I guess that depends on your interpretation of "average" and "comfortably"

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/conversions/specific-vehicles.aspx

1.8m used to be....not that anyone measures in my experience.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wexford12 wrote: »
    Hi

We got a pass on a low roof Transit, there’s no 1.8m rule anymore, and loads of low roof vans have been registered since.

iirc it was an advisory what the taxman wants and what the insurance want are exclusive.

I remember going to great length to have 1.8m and almost handing them the tape measure on the VRT inspection way back when and them saying that wasn't necessary.

Advertisement