Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass

Options
  • 09-05-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is anyone else’s grass either growing really slow or not growing at all?!! Only cut it once in the last 6/7 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is it just me or is anyone else’s grass either growing really slow or not growing at all?!! Only cut it once in the last 6/7 weeks

yea im the same here, very little growth this year, think ive only cut it 3 times this season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Give it a feed of 7-6-17 if you haven’t already.it’s going to grow now with the recent rain and the temp is in the soil.it was too cold up to this week. The 7-6-17 is a great feed for lawns. I use it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Great, I know very little about keeping grass healthy so thought I had killed it somehow ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Great, I know very little about keeping grass healthy so thought I had killed it somehow ha ha

i just use standard weed and feed, does the job, just follow the instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

All growth got a kick back in April. It has left lawns tired and neglected looking. Hopefully the bit of heat this week will turn things around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I have miracle gro, the one that gets put in a watering can, is that any good?

Lack of growth is a combination of very dry and cold conditions in April. Warmer temperatures and lots of rain due this week so things should really kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭blackbox

Very slow here in Wicklow. There has been no rain up to 4 days ago.
    I spread some fertiliser weeks ago but had no effect due to drought.
    I'm expecting it to shoot up in the coming week with the rain and warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

any ideas on a bulk fertilizer for a large lawn...5000sqm or more. Most items on line are 30-40 euro a bag and only cover 400 sqm. Wouldn't be long adding up. Any cheaper options for large areas?

Also can anyone suggest a good broadcast spreader?

Thanks

Frogeye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Frogeye wrote: »
    any ideas on a bulk fertilizer for a large lawn...5000sqm or more. Most items on line are 30-40 euro a bag and only cover 400 sqm. Wouldn't be long adding up. Any cheaper options for large areas?

Frogeye

50kg bag of 7-6-17 in a farm supply store, expect to pay about €25 per bag. Don't know where you are based but got mine in Drummonds which has an outlet out past Clonee on the way to Rathoath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

50kg bag of 7-6-17 in a farm supply store, expect to pay about €25 per bag. Don't know where you are based but got mine in Drummonds which has an outlet out past Clonee on the way to Rathoath

Got a 50kg bag from Drummonds locally this morning. €30 and it'll do 2000 sg mt easily.

Advertisement