Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford mondeo mk4 coolant bleeding procedure

• 09-05-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine called today and we sorted a few issues with his car, fixed the horn, replaced some wiring that was throwing a boot latch open light on the dash, another issue the car has is no heat, checked the reservoir and it was well below the min line so I think there's air in the system , I didn't see a radiator cap and the reservoir cap hissed when removing so I presume it's pressurised? Can the coolant system be bled of air the same way as through the radiator cap i.e run the engine for numerous cycles with cap off and top up when level drops, take for a spin and recheck. Car doesn't overheat and there's no signs of external coolant leaks. So first port of call is to bleed the system.

Advertisement