Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an android mobile abroad

Options
  • 09-05-2021 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Probably been asked a hundred times before but is there any difference in an android bought abroad that says Es/PT version on it other than having a continental charger rather than a Irish/UK one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No, you'll be fine. I bought an Italian Samsung A41 from amazon.de and the setup was a breeze. The phone must have detected that I was in Ireland because it never asked me to select a country or language.

Other than the two-pin plug, there's no difference. And before anyone asks, the voltage is the same. But most mobile chargers are multivoltage (100-240V) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

coylemj wrote: »
    No, you'll be fine. I bought an Italian Samsung A41 from amazon.de and the setup was a breeze. The phone must have detected that I was in Ireland because it never asked me to select a country or language.

Other than the two-pin plug, there's no difference. And before anyone asks, the voltage is the same. But most mobile chargers are multivoltage (100-240V) anyway.
    Thanks coylemj
    Will pull the trigger then. I thought as much but wanted to be 100% sure 👍

Advertisement