Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating not coming on in mild weather

Options
  • 09-05-2021 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The house I'm in at the moment (a rental) has a problem with the boiler. I works perfect normally, but on a mild day such as today it doesn't fire properly. It keeps trying to ignite but doesn't catch. Is there anything I can do first to fix this before involving the landlord?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

oil or gas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

jimf wrote: »
    oil or gas

Oil. Tank full as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have you tried turning up the thermostats?
    Normally in such a situation the boiler will run for a short period and then switch off or will not start at all. But still worth trying IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

sounds like your boiler needs a good service

could be anything from overairing to a possible faulty photocell / nozzle

any possibility of a bird nesting in the flue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Thanks for replying. I tried the thermostat; no luck. No bird in the flue either. It's just something weird; it comes on perfect when it's below say 12 degrees outside, but otherwise on a mild day it just does not fire. I'll get the landlord to have a look at it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement