Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 10 Enterprise

• 08-05-2021 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have this on my new laptop, Im used to Ms 365, are there similarities between the two.
    I want to teach myself how to use the enterprise prog, is there a written resource for this prog, or would a windows 10 or 365 resources do?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not sure what you're asking..

Windows 10 Enterprise is a version of the Windows Operating System used primarily by businesses and not sold to individuals. Is this a work laptop?

Microsoft 365 (formally Office 365) is the subscription-based Office suite available to both businesses and individuals. The business version can include Windows, Office and other products. Currently the version for individuals only includes Office.
    There's also a version of Office (2016/2019) that is sold to both. Is this what's on your laptop maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not sure what you're asking..

Windows 10 Enterprise is a version of the Windows Operating System used primarily by businesses and not sold to individuals. Is this a work laptop?

Microsoft 365 (formally Office 365) is the subscription-based Office suite available to both businesses and individuals. The business version can include Windows, Office and other products. Currently the version for individuals only includes Office.
    There's also a version of Office (2016/2019) that is sold to both. Is this what's on your laptop maybe?

Yes a work laptop, the above is the information it gives when I went into the about information.
    Ive only used recently windows 10 and mostly 365, so Im completely unfamiliar how to use the programmes on this new worktop.
    This is why I was asking if my experience in the other office progs is enough to fugure out this one or if there are 1. written resources that help me teach myself this new programme 2. if enterprise and 10/365 are interchangeable enough for me to be able to transfer skills between them all easily?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Windows 10 is the operating system that Office and all your other programs run on. If you have used Windows 10 at home/previously, then yes you'll be able to use 10 Enterprise easily enough.

Similarly, Office 365 or Office 2016/2019 are basically the same from a usability perspective. The primary difference is 365 is subscription based. Office 2016/19 is standalone. Is Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc installed (are they listed on the Start menu?)

What programmes are you trying to figure out? If it's things like Excel then yes it's mostly the same as other versions you'd have used

Advertisement