Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to re-attach sink to worktop?

Options
  • 08-05-2021 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

One of our aluminium sinks has become detached from the underside of the kitchen worktop.

It looks like it was held in place by some kind of glue/sealer.

The worktop is made from a composite stone.

How can I reattach it?

Many thanks.

D.

ps. I tried to attach a photo, but I'm getting an error when trying to upload it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Maybe resize the pic to a smaller size.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Is it an undermount sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Is it an undermount sink?

Yes, it is.

There are supporting clips on one side only - there isn't room for clips on the other side because of the narrow gap between it and the other sink.

And that is the side that has come loose.

Many thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eronayne

Dinarius wrote: »
    Yes, it is.

There are supporting clips on one side only - there isn't room for clips on the other side because of the narrow gap between it and the other sink.

And that is the side that has come loose.

Many thanks.

D.

Most places seem to attach the sink with bondo

It is normally used to fill car body work.

If you can set some into the gap and then push the sink upward by jamming a bit of wood up between the two sinks and supporting it until the bondo sets.

Advertisement