Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem moving from Vodafone to An Post

Options
  • 07-05-2021 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi, someone may be able to guide me.

I ordered a An Post prepay SIM card this week, to move my number from Vodafone

Got sim yesterday in post, today requested number to be move via An Post email. Got email back around lunch saying it would be done shortly.

My Vodafone phone number stopped working around 2 o’clock, I was at work.

Got home after 5, took Vodafone sim out. Put in new An Post sim, followed instructions etc but it won’t make or receive calls or texts for me. Top of phone just says no service

Can’t get An post mobile customer care after 6

So anything I can try before the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Silly question but have you tried to restart the phone, or turn on Airplane Mode On, and then off ?
    Are you required to do a top up to activate the service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aliskippy

I am having the same issue. On Wednesday the Post sim worked for a couple of hours but since wednesday night my phone is not reading the an post sim card at all and I have a circle with a line through it on the top of my phone. I have put the an post sim card in a different phone and it works to make calls but wont work in my samsung galaxy s9. I have tried everything and it wont allow me to enter APN settings, it just goes blank after I click save.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

Just to update

Mine worked perfectly but took from maybe 1pm until 11am next day for swap over to fully go through

Think there was just a backlog or something

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

Well lads I am going to a solicitor About my problem, similar to your problems.

Advertisement