Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daytime running lights failure

• 07-05-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

I was pulling out of my drive a few minutes ago and realised the drivers side DRL has stopped working, it's a common thing on the i40's I see many on the road with one or both not working, haven't looked into it yet but would this require a new headlight unit? My dipped and full beams still work, but the DRLs and dim version of DRL (don't know the correct name) do not work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The only official repair is to replace the headlight which is chronic money from Hyundai and second hand lamps are very scarce as they fail super regularly.

There is ads on donedeal for fellas who will replace the LED module for a fraction of the price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

The only official repair is to replace the headlight which is chronic money from Hyundai and second hand lamps are very scarce as they fail super regularly.

There is ads on donedeal for fellas who will replace the LED module for a fraction of the price though.

Yeah I'm not about to drop €500+ for a new one. I'll check first if it's just a connection I might get lucky, not hopeful though, second hand would be a risk also as they're known to fail if I did get a replacement. Would I just need to remove the headlight and bring it to them for them to repair it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    and dim version of DRL (don't know the correct name) do not work.

That's your parking light, that'd be an NCT failure, otherwise I'd say most people wouldn't spend big money on fixing it.

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    Would I just need to remove the headlight and bring it to them for them to repair it?

Ye, it's probably the LED driver that's gone.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cos20

I removed one & sent it to the lad in Meath on DoneDeal a few week ago, took about a week to get it back. I paid to send it, he charged me €120 to repair & €20 to send it back. Works perfect & 1 years warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Buffman wrote: »
    That's your parking light, that'd be an NCT failure, otherwise I'd say most people wouldn't spend big money on fixing it.

Ye, it's probably the LED driver that's gone.

Car literally passed NCT yesterday thank god ,good for 2 years

• Advertisement
Advertisement