Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat Ducato 2.3 ODB2 port

Options
  • 07-05-2021 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi all

I own a campervan and its built on a Fiat Ducato chassis

The Engine light is on and I bought and ODB2 Fault Reader, however when I plug the reader in, it doesn't get power.

Some points to note:

The ODB2 Reader works fine on my 2 cars, so I know its not the issue.

I checked all the fuses (Diagnostic and Cigarette Lighter) and they are fine.

I had the van with Mechanic 2 weeks ago and saw him use the port, and it worked fine then

The only thing that has changed since the mechanic did that, and me doing it yesterday is that I swapped my cigarete lighter out for a QC USB charging port, but this works fine so I know the fuse is ok for this.

I checked all the fuses also, just to rule out everything and they are all fine.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Not all ODB II scan tools are made equal a lot of home-gamer ones don't work across platforms. I hear blue driver is pretty good.

My ECU is my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Sound similar to my experience - reader is showing up errors on the Mégane, but giving me nothing on the camper (2002/3/4 Ducato 2.8) However, the local garage's reader identified several fuel system faults consistent with the reason I'd brought it in to them. My reader was an Aldidl special, given to me by someone else because it didn't seem to work ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Some folks push pins out of the OBD so it cant be read .

Make sure all the pins are in correctly and level.

Advertisement