Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Does my warranty pass on to next owner?

• 06-05-2021 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭ sniperman

hi folks,might have asked this before but i forget:o i have a 192 fiesta i got 7 year warranty,if i was to sell it,does the warranty pass on to the new owner? i mean in any ad i put up,can i say theres 5 year warranty that comes with it,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,943 ✭✭✭✭ Toyotafanboi

Yes, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭ Buddy Bubs

sniperman wrote: »
    hi folks,might have asked this before but i forget:o i have a 192 fiesta i got 7 year warranty,if i was to sell it,does the warranty pass on to the new owner? i mean in any ad i put up,can i say theres 5 year warranty that comes with it,thanks

In the ad state thats theres whatever number of years of manufacturers warranty left on it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Manufacturer's warranty follow the car, not the owner.
    If a dealer did special warranty as part of a car deal then it's a dealer's warranty and different.

Advertisement