Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs

Options
  • 06-05-2021 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I can’t be the only person excited about the new Supermacs drive thru???

Comments

Manky food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Jolene84 wrote: »

Is it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jolene84

Manky food.

Awww, it does tastes better after a feed of drink. I got into the habit of getting a pizza from there every once in a while il admit.

It is nice to see places opening up rather then closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jolene84

lassykk wrote: »
    Is it open?

Sorry my mistake, I drove past earlier and saw diggers and whatnot.

I think it’s mid summer it’s supposed to open, I’m open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Manky food.

miles ahead of McDonalds.......worst ever, excuse of chips and flat bland burgers that taste the same the world over......at least supermacs ‘fries’ are proper potatoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

We need another drive thru to be honest. McDonalds on the Cork Road is always queuing out onto the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mikey..

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    miles ahead of McDonalds.......worst ever, excuse of chips and flat bland burgers that taste the same the world over......at least supermacs ‘fries’ are proper potatoes

McDonald's burgers are good ? I like them anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Awww, it does tastes better after a feed of drink. I got into the habit of getting a pizza from there every once in a while il admit.

It is nice to see places opening up rather then closing down

Great soakage in pizza, after a burger like having ate a brick in the morn...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Parachutes wrote: »
    We need another drive thru to be honest. McDonalds on the Cork Road is always queuing out onto the street.

...so adding another one will help by......

Wanderer78 wrote: »

You first ..

• Advertisement

Well hopefully it will be less busy and you won’t be queuing as long !

Mikey.. wrote: »
    You first ..
    Well hopefully it will be less busy and you won’t be queuing as long !

increasing vehicle infrastructure leads to increased traffic....

Are politicians steering clear of being associated with them now ?

They got into hot water over it

Somety surreal about all the takeways doing s roaring trade ATM and the amount of fat asses

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Perhaps one of maybe a few :) I think a far better concept would be a Drive Past Supermacs.

Maybe I'm being unfair but the two I've experienced, Roscrea and Tullamore are just dreadful. Tattty, Grim interiors, less than pleasant staff (albeit I can understand why) and food akin to fried cardboard, just awful.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

increasing vehicle infrastructure leads to increased traffic....

I think you are just being contrary for the sake of it. No one is going to go out and suddenly buy a car who didn’t have one before because super macs opened a drive thru....

We only have the McDonald’s and KFC drive thrus at the minute, so a third option will reduce the amount of traffic through them because some people will choose to go to supermacs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Mikey.. wrote: »
    Are politicians steering clear of being associated with them now ?

They got into hot water over it

Somety surreal about all the takeways doing s roaring trade ATM and the amount of fat asses

I'd say there might be still the odd phone call though, no emails though...

I think you are just being contrary for the sake of it. No one is going to go out and suddenly buy a car who didn’t have one before because super macs opened a drive thru....

We only have the McDonald’s and KFC drive thrus at the minute, so a third option will reduce the amount of traffic through them because some people will choose to go to supermacs instead.

no these are actual facts, any time humans have increased road infrastructure, it has lead to increased traffic, i.e. another drive thru in that particular area, will more than likely lead to increased traffic in that area, directly affecting the surrounding areas, both positively and negatively

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Supermacs have some “gems” on their menu

The chicken breast burger is delicious far superior to anything from the other chain takeaways

The mighty Mac is tastier than the McDonald’s offering

Their chips are better than McDonald’s

Their pizza (papa Joe’s ) is very decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Perhaps one of maybe a few :) I think a far better concept would be a Drive Past Supermacs.

Maybe I'm being unfair but the two I've experienced, Roscrea and Tullamore are just dreadful. Tattty, Grim interiors, less than pleasant staff (albeit I can understand why) and food akin to fried cardboard, just awful.

McDonald’s is far worse......the only franchise/chain where the chips/fries and burgers etc have the same dreadful taste/flavour the world over....!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

If you want to support a place that treats their staff like dirt and prefers to hire mostly non Irish people so they can do just that and pay peanuts, then by all means have at it.

I don't get why they're popular, it's way overpriced for fast food. Have a look at what Papa Johns in the US charges for pizza vs what they charge for the same product here, when you factor in the exchange rate it's easily double the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Supermacs have some “gems” on their menu

The chicken breast burger is delicious far superior to anything from the other chain takeaways

The mighty Mac is tastier than the McDonald’s offering

Their chips are better than McDonald’s

Their pizza (papa Joe’s ) is very decent

Have to agree - at least there is flavour in their burger and their chips actually have some potato in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭HBC08

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    McDonald’s is far worse......the only franchise/chain where the chips/fries and burgers etc have the same dreadful taste/flavour the world over....!

That's twice now you've said they have the same taste the world over,do you think this is some kind of negative thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

HBC08 wrote: »
    That's twice now you've said they have the same taste the world over,do you think this is some kind of negative thing?

That was actually a part of their strategy. That McDonalds would be uniform the world over (although there are some changes due to culturally specific tastes)

If a franchise had different flavours in every store I think it would be a terrible business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

I haven't eaten a take away in over 3 years I'd say. Cant say I miss em either.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Junior

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being unfair but the two I've experienced, Roscrea and Tullamore are just dreadful. Tattty, Grim

That's just Roscrea and Tullamore in General, utter sh*tholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I like Supermac’s chips when they’re hot. If they’ve been sitting in that area beside the fryer for more than a few minutes, I’d rather not have them. For that reason, I wouldn’t even go in if the place is quiet. I’d want to see a few people waiting at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Passed by the existing premises and noticed an ad n the window for jobs out the Cork Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

If you want to support a place that treats their staff like dirt and prefers to hire mostly non Irish people so they can do just that and pay peanuts, then by all means have at it.

I don't get why they're popular, it's way overpriced for fast food. Have a look at what Papa Johns in the US charges for pizza vs what they charge for the same product here, when you factor in the exchange rate it's easily double the price.

All those pizza franchises are mank, dominoes, four star, Apache, etc. They taste nothing like real pizza.

Advertisement