Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air BnB bookings

Options
  • 06-05-2021 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Are Air BnB's currently taking bookings, can anyone tell me? Off work next week and with the opening up of inter county travel I'd love to get in a night away...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Love2020 wrote: »
    Are Air BnB's currently taking bookings, can anyone tell me? Off work next week and with the opening up of inter county travel I'd love to get in a night away...

Try it and see!

But yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Try hotels first, most cheaper than air bnb atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Love2020

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Try it and see!

But yes.

I've been looking and it seems some are. Just trying to figure out if its actually allowed or not? I feel institutionalised at this stage...

markmoto wrote: »
    Try hotels first, most cheaper than air bnb atm

It's for non essential so I'm sure no hotels are taking bookings outside essential for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Yes. We hired a place last weekend. They have a cleaning/covid19 charter in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Yes they are.

If you are traveling before 10th of May they will ask you if it's essential.
    For example if you are traveling for work of need a place to stay because visiting grave in the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

Legally - open for essential travel

Self Catering Accommodation not allowed to open to 2nd June

https://www.gov.ie/en/speech/d1879-speech-by-the-taoiseach-micheal-martin-announcing-new-public-health-measures-coming-into-place-in-may/

"This would mean that from June 2nd, Hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and self catering accommodation can reopen for guests"

Go North though - their self catering opened on 30th April, and when intercounty travel is permitted on 10th May, its all legal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

trixi001 wrote: »
    Legally - open for essential travel

Self Catering Accommodation not allowed to open to 2nd June

https://www.gov.ie/en/speech/d1879-speech-by-the-taoiseach-micheal-martin-announcing-new-public-health-measures-coming-into-place-in-may/

"This would mean that from June 2nd, Hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and self catering accommodation can reopen for guests"

Go North though - their self catering opened on 30th April, and when intercounty travel is permitted on 10th May, its all legal!

Is this the first time Self Catering accommodation has been mentioned in briefings/restrictions? I went searching for information on this a while back but couldn't find any mention of it. Mostly hotels, guesthouses was the terminology used.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭coleen

I booked an Air B N B on April 21st for 2 night we stayed in our own county as per restrictions and all went well. We really enjoyed it.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Yes they are.

If you are traveling before 10th of May they will ask you if it's essential.
    For example if you are traveling for work of need a place to stay because visiting grave in the area...

Its after the 10th (12th) so do you think I'll be ok?

• Advertisement

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Is this the first time Self Catering accommodation has been mentioned in briefings/restrictions? I went searching for information on this a while back but couldn't find any mention of it. Mostly hotels, guesthouses was the terminology used.

I agree Cape Clear, its been absolutely impossible to find a straight answer on the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

Cape Clear wrote: »

It took a bit of searching to find it, so possibly

Advertisement