Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The new Skoda Fabia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You can (understandably) really see the Polo in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s exactly what you’d expect.

They know their buyers and didn’t make it too pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No hot version again. So meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It looks nice, very similar side view to the I.d.3 and the interior is like the Enyaq, it will do well for them I think. Finding it hard to take to that grille though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

No hot version again. So meh...

True but at 148bhp its the most powerful non vRS model. In a monte carlo version it might be 'ok', I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I like it. Skoda have also been sensible and kept individual dials and buttons for the climate control as opposed to behind the touchscreen.

This is something I hope VAG will also do and reverse in their current Golf/Octavia/A4/Leon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They all look the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

I think it looks really really good and looking like parts of all these cars coming together, vw polo, golf, id3 and id4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I've got one here in Australia. Swapped jobs and didn't have a company car anymore so needed something cheap to get from A to B.

I got the base spec 71kw/94bhp manual in white. It was literally the only one in stock available.

I'd looked at other small cars like the Mirage etc.

4 months in, I've done a little over 6000km. About 400km a week.

My model has adaptive cruise, elec windows all round, electric mirrors, apple/android head unit, air con as standard.

I find its great to drive. The little 1.0L 3cylinder turbo is fantastic. It's got a tiny bit of turbo lag but once its in the power band it pulls like a car with a much bigger engine up to about 80kmh. After 80kmh, it simply doesn't have the torque for fast acceleration. It does ok on my commute up a 500m escarpment. More than capable to do the job, just not the fastest. It sits easily on 110kmh (speed limit here) and Iv'e probably had it up to about 130kmh overtaking some B-Double trucks and it didn't feel like it was being pushed or unstable.

I prefer driving it to my 2017 Toyota Fortuner (Hilux based SUV). It's very fun to drive on tight twisty roads up the back of the mountain where I live and handles pretty well, even with the eco tyres as stock.

If I'm frugal, I can usually get about 4.7L/100km or if I just drive it normally I get anywhere from 5.2L/100km to 5.5L/100km.

Leg room is a bit tight in the back and the boot isn't huge but I manage to fit a buggy in there and have fit 2 Enduro mountain bikes in the back with seats folded down.

I think for the price and engine size, it definitely punches above its weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Looks a big improvement on the previous version

• Advertisement

Looks a big improvement on the previous version

The old model was terrible to look at so the bar was low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

mk3 is sh1t - so heres hoping ,
    not that i will ever buy a skoda again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

mk3 is sh1t - so heres hoping ,
    not that i will ever buy a skoda again

You know what the only Fabia I can see in my mind is the MK1 I honestly have no idea what the MK2 or 3 look like they are that forgettable.

The Mk2 was the one made out of cake ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

No hybrid, electric or PHEV version. That doesn’t look great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Casati wrote: »
    No hybrid, electric or PHEV version. That doesn’t look great

It's a small, cheap car - what did you expect?

Fair enough they could have done a hybrid like Toyota has done for a while with the Yaris, but PHEV or BEV is simply way too expensive at this end of the market, where profit margins are already razor thin for most manufacturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

It's a small, cheap car - what did you expect?

Fair enough they could have done a hybrid like Toyota has done for a while with the Yaris, but PHEV or BEV is simply way too expensive at this end of the market, where profit margins are already razor thin for most manufacturers.

Not sure, some great superminis with electric power. The new Fabia doesn’t even have a mild hybrid which are becoming standard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Skoda just cannot do taillights all models look poor.

Front is very Kia Ceed looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Front is very Kia Ceed looking.

All the models have that horrible Kia grille. Doesn’t do it for me at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement