Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal bank account for a sole trader?

Options
  • 05-05-2021 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Can I open just a personal bank account for my part time business?

I’m just setting up and saw that the dedicated business accounts are quite expensive, can I open just a personal account and use it solely for the business?

We have a shared bank account with my wife for our salaries and bills but I’d like to keep the business side of things separate for easier accounting (I’ve read a lot of horror stories about people using their only bank acc for both business and personal and having problems at audit times)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

ptyloch wrote: »
    Can I open just a personal bank account for my part time business?

I’m just setting up and saw that the dedicated business accounts are quite expensive, can I open just a personal account and use it solely for the business?

We have a shared bank account with my wife for our salaries and bills but I’d like to keep the business side of things separate for easier accounting (I’ve read a lot of horror stories about people using their only bank acc for both business and personal and having problems at audit times)

Thanks

as sole trader you can use any bank account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Absolutely. The key, as you've noted, is to keep it separate from your personal stuff.

Some banks will offer free banking for X years for new businesses.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement