Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Pull Cord Snapped, Need help

Options
  • 04-05-2021 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi, My wife and I rent a flat with a electric shower, she just had a shower a few minutes ago and when she pulled on the cord to turn the shower off it snapped clean off.
    I've contacted to landlord about getting it repaired, he said he can get out to me over the weekend which leaves the problem of us not having a shower until then.
    I did look into changing it myself which seems straight forward but the only problem is that I would have to shut the power off which I can since I live a house devided into 3 flats so I would have to turn off the power to the whole building plus I do not have access to the power box anyway.
    So my question is, is there a way of getting the switch to turned on temporary at least so we can have atleast one shower before the landlord can get to us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Can you post a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

In future leave the pull cord alone, these shouldn't be in constant use and never when shower is unless for emergency such as won't turn off.

A new pull cord switch is needed if it's gone completely.

Advertisement