Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tender offers in personal injury proceedings

Options
  • 04-05-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I read that tender offers should be lodged with court two weeks before hearing.
    I've had a few friends with high court claims.
    They never got any such offer prior to attending court just horsetrading on the day.
    Is that normal?
    Also none of them were offered terms in writing. That bothered one friend as the final settlement included very high legal fees. He said that if he knew the Legal fees were that high he would have held out for more. Also he lost out on some kind of company share purchase scheme-(he had been an employee- it was a bullying case I think)
    The other two were delighted just to be finished with their cases. They never heard of tender offers!
    It must be really hard to decide to settle if you're just given a figure.

Is that sum just written into some kind of formal document and handed to a judge?

Advertisement