Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRAI maps incorrect

Options
  • 03-05-2021 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought a residential property in 2002, pre digital maps.

On PRAI online the land boundaries of my portfolio are incorrect, the digitised maps includes 3 pockets of land in my garden and side entrance to the house that have other portfolio numbers. One from a neighbours and others from the original builder.

It is obviously incorrect as the other parties portfolios are within my boundaries and I am the only one who can access this land. But how do I get it updated to what is on my deeds?

The neighbour doesn't have an issue with it as they know its my land and its incorrect. The original builder hasn't been contacted.
    I didn't buy the property from the builder direct but from the original resident owner that has clearly marked on the deeds what we purchased.

What would be my next step?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Is there a particular reason you need this sorted? Presumably it wasn't an issue for your solicitor when you bought it or for the banks solicitor when they gave you a mortgage.

You'll need a site survey to get a new map and then a solicitor for the legal side of things. It could cost a few grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

athlone573 wrote: »
    Is there a particular reason you need this sorted? Presumably it wasn't an issue for your solicitor when you bought it or for the banks solicitor when they gave you a mortgage.

You'll need a site survey to get a new map and then a solicitor for the legal side of things. It could cost a few grand.

Hi, I want to get property valued and also for piece of mind that all is okay.
    If I go to sell anytime soon, don't want to run into any complications.
    How much do you think it would cost and is this known as 'boundary rectification' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

I had similar issue last year where a parcel of neighbouring land was included in my folio. I emailed the address on the website and it got picked up. They issued a confirmation email to say they would look into it but I had to chase them to rectify it. The boundary was digitised incorrectly. I just emailed a copy of the six inch map which I had the correct boundary highlighted in red. Their mistake but no admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

It does say on the portal
    "*PRA Boundaries and Plan Area are not conclusive. See Section 62(2) of Registration of Title Act 2006 and Rule 8(3) of the Land Registration Rules 2012."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

leinster93 wrote: »
    I had similar issue last year where a parcel of neighbouring land was included in my folio. I emailed the address on the website and it got picked up. They issued a confirmation email to say they would look into it but I had to chase them to rectify it. The boundary was digitised incorrectly. I just emailed a copy of the six inch map which I had the correct boundary highlighted in red. Their mistake but no admission.
    Hi,
    And did prai update it as to your map and if so, how long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Hi,
    And did prai update it as to your map and if so, how long did it take?

Following a couple of emails to chase them up the manager of the digitising section contacted me by phone. I had included my contact details in all correspondence. The manager said they'd have to revert to the maps in the land registry which would take some time to do a search and I said my maps were copies of the originals. Also, I referred the neighbour was aware their was an issue and that their folio was included in mine. A week later, after that phone call, it was correctly displayed for my folio.
    I don't think they needed to contact the land registry in the end and saw the problem with the evidence provided.

It took about four months from the first email but I was not in any hurry...and was not paying for a problem not created by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

It's good to hear some things in the world of conveyancing can be straightforward (I had some contrary experiences, unrelated to maps). And that my comments are worth exactly what they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

If it’s an administrative / digitising error they should resolve it for you.
    I would also contact the solicitor who acted for you at the time of purchase, with a view to establishing that the conveyance was carried out correctly.

Advertisement