Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Risk - Star Wars Clone Wars

  • 03-05-2021 7:46am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username


    I need some help as we have lost the rule book.

    When defending a planet from invasion the defender is only allowed use “2 troops.”

    When setting up the game a tank counts as “3 troops”. Does this mean that a tank cannot be used to defend a planet or does it mean that during a battle a tank only counts as “1 troop”.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭ Jayd0g


    I need some help as we have lost the rule book.

    When defending a planet from invasion the defender is only allowed use “2 troops.”

    When setting up the game a tank counts as “3 troops”. Does this mean that a tank cannot be used to defend a planet or does it mean that during a battle a tank only counts as “1 troop”.

    I've played multiple versions of risk, but not the star wars version.

    You're probably not allowed use the tank as "1 troop".

    Risk uses a troop as the basic army unit.

    Cavalry, cannons, tanks, attack walker, giant robot etc. are used to represent multiple troops, to save space on the board.

    So instead of putting 10 troops (10x soldier piece) in one space, you put down a cannon (10 troops) instead.

    If you lose 2 troops from the space with a cannon on it (10-2=8), you replace with a cavalry (5 troops) and 3 soldiers (1 troop each) to make up the remaining 8 troops on that space.

    All the different versions of risk are very consistent on the 1 troop = 1 basic unit language, and where the rules reference "troop" it means 1 basic unit.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username


    Jayd0g wrote: »
    I've played multiple versions of risk, but not the star wars version.

    You're probably not allowed use the tank as "1 troop".

    Risk uses a troop as the basic army unit.

    Cavalry, cannons, tanks, attack walker, giant robot etc. are used to represent multiple troops, to save space on the board.

    So instead of putting 10 troops (10x soldier piece) in one space, you put down a cannon (10 troops) instead.

    If you lose 2 troops from the space with a cannon on it (10-2=8), you replace with a cavalry (5 troops) and 3 soldiers (1 troop each) to make up the remaining 8 troops on that space.

    All the different versions of risk are very consistent on the 1 troop = 1 basic unit language, and where the rules reference "troop" it means 1 basic unit.

    The Star Wars version also used one solider as one unit and a tank equals three soldiers.

    So if a player can only 2 troopers to defend against an invasion can I assume that tanks cannot be used to defend?


  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭ Jayd0g


    The Star Wars version also used one solider as one unit and a tank equals three soldiers.

    So if a player can only 2 troopers to defend against an invasion can I assume that tanks cannot be used to defend?

    Re reading your question, the rule is probably more specific to number of defending dice.

    I've checkrd the rules, and you could have more than 2 troopers ( including tanks) in the defending territory but any defence would only use 2 defending dice/2 troops.

    Attached photo shows relevant section

    Link to rules:

    https://www.fgbradleys.com/rules/Risk%20Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Wars%20Edition.pdf


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭ MarkHall


    You can use the tank to defend. But you can only roll 2 dice on the defense

    f-AZQNmr_4dv3K6Tp9q4LzR9BAVEXjShQ4hpn71hsXZbl5RBf2SA20TBck9rQeqzVkCB8CwaPy8POM6cUNbrpvGfW26r7w23dkXLDPwf9NGEcsmZsN39suYg
    If you loose. You simply replace the Tank with single unit troopers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username


    Jayd0g wrote: »
    Re reading your question, the rule is probably more specific to number of defending dice.

    I've checkrd the rules, and you could have more than 2 troopers ( including tanks) in the defending territory but any defence would only use 2 defending dice/2 troops.

    Attached photo shows relevant section

    Link to rules:

    https://www.fgbradleys.com/rules/Risk%20Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Wars%20Edition.pdf

    Thank you for the link.

    I never thought to search for digital version of the rule book - I do it for manuals for electronics all the time.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ Need a Username


    MarkHall wrote: »
    You can use the tank to defend. But you can only roll 2 dice on the defense

    If you loose. You simply replace the Tank with single unit troopers.

    So when it comes to defence the tank only counts as 1 troop?

    Or does it have 3 lives?


  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭ Jayd0g


    So when it comes to defence the tank only counts as 1 troop?

    Or does it have 3 lives?

    The tank represents 3 troopers, so when it loses "1 life" you replace the tank with 2 troopers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭ Jayd0g


    Thank you for the link.

    I never thought to search for digital version of the rule book - I do it for manuals for electronics all the time.

    You're welcome!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭ seagull


    It's like standard Risk rules. It doesn't matter how many troops you have in a square, you never roll more than 2 dice each turn in defence.


Advertisement