Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Door Fell Off

Options
  • 02-05-2021 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hotpoint Iced Diamond. Type: E134a.

This fell off the bottom of the door:

P5020496.jpg

Anyone suggest a Red Neck fix, please? I don't know what the plastic stump is. Or the 'spring'. But, the pin, to the left is obviously the pivot / hinge. I have a bolt that matches that. I have a mate who can weld.

Appreciate any insights, please :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

disconnect it from the mains, take out the food and tilt it back on its back at about a 30 angle, you will then see if the fridge frame has rusted or not and if the retaining screws have fallen out. If it suits change the hinges to the other side , screw down the top pivot, turn the centre hinge upside down and use the pictured hinge in the bottom, if the door is sagging use a few 8mil washers to raise it. The brown plastic piece is what is left of the levelling foot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Excellent!!! Can't thank you enough! :D

I'll wait till my mate drops by then. Really only the days Dog food in there. So, no fuss. (I even have a little, back up fridge!) Only, I've done my gut in and don't want to aggravate that, pulling fridges about.

We'll get our heads together and work out the best plan. Based on what you say and what we see ;)

Thanks!

Advertisement