Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Express issue

Options
  • 02-05-2021 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Has any of the Garmin device users on here experienced a problem in adding a Garmin device after uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin Express?

I uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin Express and am now unable to add the devices which were previously installed. The system detects the device, shows type etc. When I sign in with email and password, some processing occurs but it reverts to the screen showing my user name and password, but the device does not show. Therefore, I cannot login to my account at the moment.

Would be interested in knowing if anyone else ever experienced this issue and what the solution might be. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've no real answer to your issue but I have had similar before and find garmin software in any iteration an utter pain in the hole to use.

I gave up on the linking of strava to garmin and just upload files manually. All my devices are garmin btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I've no real answer to your issue but I have had similar before and find garmin software in any iteration an utter pain in the hole to use.

I gave up on the linking of strava to garmin and just upload files manually. All my devices are garmin btw.

Interesting - I don't use Strava at all, just simply used to upload activities via USB to Garmin Express or automatically from phone. Unfortunately, due to the current issue non of the devices are showing in my Garmin Express account, so cannot view, upload via USB or export activities to Excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Garmin Express is a pain. It no longer detects my Edge 500, not a big deal as I can manually upload on the website. It stopped launching all together a few months ago and I spent about an hour troubleshooting in depth, I wish I knew about manual uploading sooner so I didn't waste all that time!

Everything I've needed to do is done on the website anyway so no need for software once your computer shows the device.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Garmin Express is a pain. It no longer detects my Edge 500, not a big deal as I can manually upload on the website. It stopped launching all together a few months ago and I spent about an hour troubleshooting in depth, I wish I knew about manual uploading sooner so I didn't waste all that time!

Everything I've needed to do is done on the website anyway so no need for software once your computer shows the device.

Thanks DaveyDave, unfortunately, as my computer does not show the device, manual uploading is not an option. When I try to add a device, it detects it etc. etc. but it fails to show it. I have also found it a pain trying to troubleshoot etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PhillySteak9

Could you use the Garmin Connect app on your phone? It connects to the device using Bluetooth and is fairly bulletproof in my experience.

• Advertisement

Could you use the Garmin Connect app on your phone? It connects to the device using Bluetooth and is fairly bulletproof in my experience.

I use the Garmin Connect app for one of my devices, it uploads the data but I would like to have access to the data on my PC to export and view activities etc. etc. I also have another Garmin device which does not Bluetooth connectivity and use that at times also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭cletus

You can use the Garmin connect website on your laptop

cletus wrote: »
    You can use the Garmin connect website on your laptop

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I will have to investigate - I wonder are activities already in Garmin Express transferable?

Advertisement