Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ksyrium SL rim

Options
  • 02-05-2021 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Does anyone know where I could get me hands on a Ksyrium SL rear rim (the second gen one from way back). I had a spoke pull through the rim (threaded hole in the rim split, common enough I believe) Mavic don't make them anymore and have no old stock available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

You may need to get your google translate on but I've found TNC Hamburg can have a lot of Mavic spares, if the wheelset is very old you might need luck on your side but give them a look anyhow.

Edit - and check out what spokes your wheel is built using - if the rim you're looking for isn't there but another one is that uses the same spokes there's a good chance it would work for you. You'd find all that info through the mavic tech site.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gn3dr

CheGuedara wrote: »
    You may need to get your google translate on but I've found TNC Hamburg can have a lot of Mavic spares, if the wheelset is very old you might need luck on your side but give them a look anyhow.

Edit - and check out what spokes your wheel is built using - if the rim you're looking for isn't there but another one is that uses the same spokes there's a good chance it would work for you. You'd find all that info through the mavic tech site.

Thanks. I'll check them ouy

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

gn3dr wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll check them ouy

I was looking for the same recently.
    I found new old stock rims available from an American seller on eBay.

There’s also a mob in the UK who stock a lot of Mavic spares. I can check my emails tomorrow if you need the name of them

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I was looking for the same recently.
    I found new old stock rims available from an American seller on eBay.

There’s also a mob in the UK who stock a lot of Mavic spares. I can check my emails tomorrow if you need the name of them

Thanks for that. If you wouldn't mind those contacts would be handy. The German place above doesn't have the rims. I'm thinking that my retro gear is too old!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

gn3dr wrote: »
    Thanks for that. If you wouldn't mind those contacts would be handy. The German place above doesn't have the rims. I'm thinking that my retro gear is too old!

Biking Barn is the name of the crew I mentioned above.
    They’re real sound to deal with and have good knowledge of spares etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement