Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates wiring

Options
  • 01-05-2021 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

My house was built about 8 years ago and wiring was put in for electric gates but never connected. Now I want to get electric gates but don’t know where the wiring is at the gate.

I can see the fuse box section for electric gates, the interior fake plate for the intercom but can’t find where the wire ends at the gate. I don’t have the electricians contact details anymore who worked on the house.

Where would best place to find these and would installer easily locate these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You may have to dig around a bit to find the junction box, cable finder would be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

It isn't going to be very far from the gate if the cable was indeed ran the whole way.
    I would trace the most obvious route from box to gate and you shouldn't be too far wrong..

You can also hire a cable tracer.

Advertisement