Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down Royal 10k May 30th 2021

Options
  • 01-05-2021 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

There are spaces opened up for entries for the 10k race at the racecourse on May 30th.

I expect the current cap of 100 per race will have been eased or lifted completely so we can cope with more entries than we already have.

Its a good surface of 3 laps of the racecourse ambulance road so no traffic and 1 slight undulation. Its the same course that Tommy Hughes set 2 age group records in 2020 over marathon and 10 miles.

Use the link below to get to the entries on Athletics NI.

https://athleticsni.org/Fixtures/Road-Running/Championchip-Ireland-10k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

The entry facility has been closed as we have reached the limit allowed at present.

There is another review of the restrictions due in mid May by the idiots on the Hill so I hope the stupid limit we have in place at present will be removed or at least relaxed to a more sensible number and then I can reopen the entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

The entry facility has been closed as we have reached the limit allowed at present.

There is another review of the restrictions due in mid May by the idiots on the Hill so I hope the stupid limit we have in place at present will be removed or at least relaxed to a more sensible number and then I can reopen the entry.

I entered the 10k, is the surface tarred?

Best of luck with it

TbL

Oh yes its a lovely smooth tarred surface, one undulation per lap.

Entries will re open in the morning (14th) for the 10k and the 5k with the relaxing of the restrictions in NI from May 24th. Places available but demand has been high since we closed it a wile back so don't delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

I did the 10K and enjoyed it very much. It was a scorcher of a day and suffered in the heat abit but was a great workout race and on a very nice tarred surface. Had time to do a bit of shopping in Sainsbury which was only 10mins up the road. Would recommend the venue as plenty of parking at the racecourse or over by the Golf club

• Advertisement

i008787 wrote: »
    I did the 10K and enjoyed it very much. It was a scorcher of a day and suffered in the heat abit but was a great workout race and on a very nice tarred surface. Had time to do a bit of shopping in Sainsbury which was only 10mins up the road. Would recommend the venue as plenty of parking at the racecourse or over by the Golf club

Hope to see you at the next one on June 27th in the iconic Maze Prison site now called Maze Long Kesh MLK. Good surface, dead flat, no traffic, 2 laps for the 10k and just the other side of the hedge from the racecourse you were at.

Entries will open this weekend.

Advertisement