Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH Error

Options
  • 30-04-2021 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Any idea what this error is lads -
    Heating works fine -
    When I click zone on “ hot water “
    On at the EPH control - “ON” shows
    On the LCD - but it doesn’t call for heat -
    It shows - - - over zone temperature
    Same on app -
    Always have had some issue with EPH since
    The day it was put in-
    Have to try to change it to something more reliable - looking at long weekend now no hot water -
    There is some way to force it to come on I thought - clicking some metal bar on end of it - in hot press -
    Any ideas welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Have you checked the batteries in the hot water sender / thermostat unit?
    How far away from the hot press is the time clock and are there many walls between them.
    To be honest, I have found the technical support in EPH to be very knowledgeable and helpful. If you don't get it resolved over the weekend phone them on Tuesday (021)4346238 and they will sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Have you checked the batteries in the hot water sender / thermostat unit?
    How far away from the hot press is the time clock and are there many walls between them.
    To be honest, I have found the technical support in EPH to be very knowledgeable and helpful. If you don't get it resolved over the weekend phone them on Tuesday (021)4346238 and they will sort it out for you.

They are helpful - are you talking about the EPH VALVE IN In hot press - batteries? What’s the “ hot water sender thermostat unit ?
    All I have is - Two VALVES on hot water tank HW @ heat -
    Programmer beside boiler-
    Thermostat for heat upstairs - that’s it -

Can you send me a pic of unit you mention if possible - be great if that’s all the issue is -
    Ember app shows HW greyed out - heat on emberr app is ok - thanks

Have you got one of these in your hot press?

eph-rf-cylinder-thermostat.jpg

Have you got one of these in your hot press?

eph-rf-cylinder-thermostat.jpg

I now know I have I didn’t realise there was one - changed batteries and it’s fine thanks -
    Long shot - I have a basic PDF manual re EPH - you don’t have a more detailed one ? There are no error codes on my one

As far as I know there are no error codes as such for that controller. Fault finding is just a quick process of elimination.
    The only literature that I have is their installation and operation instructions which are available on their website.
    https://www.ephcontrols.com/section/2-zone-programmer/

• Advertisement

As far as I know there are no error codes as such for that controller. Fault finding is just a quick process of elimination.
    The only literature that I have is their installation and operation instructions which are available on their website.
    https://www.ephcontrols.com/section/2-zone-programmer/

Perfect thanks a mill that’s super

Advertisement