Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Vehicle importation, unusual problem!

• 30-04-2021 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ dogdog1

Hi All , this could be a tough one ! I would like to import an ex- British Army 1995 Leyland Daf 4ton truck from Northern Ireland . It was released from service in 2008 and brought to NI where the owner should have registered with the DVLA using the release document supplied with the truck . Unfortunately he never got the opportunity due to dying suddenly . So now we have the situation where this old truck is being sold off by a relative , no V5 , probably never had one . I'd really like to get the truck , is there any way through this minefield ? Many thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭ Buffman

dogdog1 wrote: »
    So now we have the situation where this old truck is being sold off by a relative , no V5 , probably never had one . I'd really like to get the truck , is there any way through this minefield ?

Get the relative to register it first. If it's theirs to sell they should have no problem getting a V5 in their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,763 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

There might be a VAT implication too if it wasn’t registered in NI last year?

Advertisement