Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing slight leak and flame issue on a Baxi

Options
  • 30-04-2021 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

What's it likely to run me? It's a standard old thirty five 80 one.

I don't want the boiler replaced just fixed. It's flashing a light up at the moment. Was serviced last year, but seems to be ignition issue and I think water is coming from a seal.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It really depends on what's causing the ignition failure and the leak.
    You will need to get a Registered Gas Installer who does breakdowns, fault finding and repairs to diagnose and give you a price.
    Being familiar with them I would guess not much change from 200 up to worse case 400 ish. inc a full service.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It really depends on what's causing the ignition failure and the leak.
    You will need to get a Registered Gas Installer who does breakdowns, fault finding and repairs to diagnose and give you a price.
    Being familiar with them I would guess not much change from 200 up to worse case 400 ish. inc a full service.

200 I would be happy with, 400 less so haha. I guess it's how long is a piece of string! Just don't want to pay 100 for the lad to come out and then basically say it needs to be replaced....there is a specific reason why I do not want the boiler to be replaced and just need them to fix it.

Do you have any recommendations for the tallaght region?

Advertisement