Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung A51 won't charge with 3rd party usb A to C cable

Options
  • 29-04-2021 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Samsung A51 won't charge with 3rd party usb A to C cable although it works fine with the cable from the box. Thing is the 3rd party cable works fine with a Samsung A21. So what gives here? Is there a cable specification I need to check for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

degsie wrote: »
    Samsung A51 won't charge with 3rd party usb A to C cable although it works fine with the cable from the box. Thing is the 3rd party cable works fine with a Samsung A21. So what gives here? Is there a cable specification I need to check for?
    Just keep buying cables until you find one that works, the mot expensive the better (Amazon Basics perhaps will work)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

athlone573 wrote: »
    Just keep buying cables until you find one that works, the mot expensive the better (Amazon Basics perhaps will work)

So, pot luck then? That's the great thing about standards, there's so many to choose from :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Baseus cables are decent. Can be got online. Use them with a variety of devices, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What you're advising the OP to do is to start high, then work his way down the price range until he finds a cable that works. Or am I missing something here :confused:

No wonder Harvey Norman are still selling €80 HDMI cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I would start with an original Samsung one or AmazonBasics

Anker cables used to be good but I must of got a bad batch off amazon last time
    Without being racist I wouldn't trust cheap Chinese ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,662 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I would start with an original Samsung one or AmazonBasics

Anker cables used to be good but I must of got a bad batch off amazon last time
    Without being racist I wouldn't trust cheap Chinese ones

Most of them are made in China cheap or not. To be clear.

Advertisement