Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Gossip Girl HBO Max’s reboot

• 28-04-2021 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74,936 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Soon they won't even wait for the original to finish before rebooting.
    Gossip Girl reboot/sequel on the way
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gossip-girl-update-lands-straight-series-order-at-hbo-max-1224856

Gossip Girl returning to TV screens this summer. HBO Max’s reboot of the CW teen drama will debut in July, the show’s official Twitter account announced on Wednesday.
    The 10-episode first season will “introduce a fresh crop of gorgeous Manhattan private-schoolers to Gossip Girl’s all-seeing eye,” per the official description. It will also address “just how much social media — and the landscape of New York itself — has changed” in the years since the original series wrapped in 2012.
    The update stars Emily Alyn Lind (Revenge), Thomas Doherty (Legacies), Tavi Gevinson (Scream Queens), Adam Chanler-Berat (It Could Be Worse), Zion Moreno (Claws), Whitney Peak (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina), Eli Brown (Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists), Johnathan Fernandez (Lethal Weapon) and Broadway vet Jason Gotay. Although the show features an all-new cast, it won’t be without at least one familiar face voice: Kristen Bell is set to reprise her role as the omniscient narrator/voice of the Gossip Girl blog.

https://tvline.com/2021/04/28/gossip-girl-reboot-premiere-date-hbo-max/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ Rfrip

I need this now more than ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,417 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Starts July 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,181 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

That trailer further emphasises the oddness of this revival. It just feels like an entirely different show to the original by being a HBO Max production as opposed to a CW show. Then Kristen Bell does her thing and now I'm not quite sure if this is a reboot or a legacy sequel or we've reached a stage where classifying revivals into neat categories is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,213 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy

It is a sequel series, from how she asks "Did you miss me" and the official logline is
    Eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl

https://tvline.com/2021/06/09/gossip-girl-reboot-trailer-hbo-max-video/

I watched the first season or 2 then stopped. Did see how it ended though and who was revealed.

Comments on the article saying about why the obsession with teens behaving badly? Like they are all played by ones in or nearer their 20s so why not just have a show about ones their age since the schoolkids side of it rarely comes into play.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 19,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr.S

So loosely based on the original in terms of characters but styled as a sequel it seems.

We know who the OG Gossip Girl was, and I'm assuming it's the same person 8 years later, so will be interesting to see how they handle that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,181 ✭✭✭ S.M.B.

Looks like BBC have picked this up and will be broadcasting it 'later in the year'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭ corkie

RTE 2 airing this tonight @21:30

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."--George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

"I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." - Spock.

• Registered Users Posts: 74,936 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

The teachers are Gossip Girl

This reminds me more of Euphoria

Renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ Rfrip

What do you think of it Liz, i just watched the first one! should i keep going?

• Advertisement

I loved the original but finding this one a struggle to keep me interested, not one likeable character

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ The Bollocks

Woke shite

Advertisement