Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVETA extending scope of insurance offering.

Options
  • 28-04-2021 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭

Had a phone call today to tell us that the IVETA was going to be offering extended insurance cover to include holiday use for vintage Campers from June. Cover will include N.Ireland, UK and Isle of Man.
    This takes it out of the grey area that those availing of their cover are left in regarding scope of use. They are charging an extra €100 for this.

Shoog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

How restrictive are these policies otherwise? What do they consider vintage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭Shoog

They do Vintage and Classic classes, vintage is cheaper and starts at 25years old. The Insurance as it stands is intended for people driving to and from vintage shows. However their cover letter also say for personal and private use. This is where the grey area comes in as personal and private opens the door to a lot of casual uses beyond its primary stated purpose.

Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Shoog wrote: »
    They do Vintage and Classic classes, vintage is cheaper and starts at 25years old. The Insurance as it stands is intended for people driving to and from vintage shows. However their cover letter also say for personal and private use. This is where the grey area comes in as personal and private opens the door to a lot of casual uses beyond its primary stated purpose.

Shoog

I'll give them a call at next renewal

You need to join their club to get the Insurance. Do that ahead of applying for the insurance.

Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Is is under 400 euros all it because that's what my camper cover cost for open drive?

• Advertisement

Is is under 400 euros all it because that's what my camper cover cost for open drive?
    Its going to be ABOUT €270.00 FOR vintage and €370 for Classic based upon last years charges. It asks little of the Camper other than been of a suitable age and been registered as such.
    Who do you have open drive with at €400.00, I would eventually like the option to take mine to the continent and IVETA don't cover that.

Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Shoog wrote: »
    Its going to be ABOUT €270.00 FOR vintage and €370 for Classic based upon last years charges. It asks little of the Camper other than been of a suitable age and been registered as such.
    Who do you have open drive with at €400.00, I would eventually like the option to take mine to the continent and IVETA don't cover that.

Shoog

dolmens but you'd be wise to take out recovery insurance

Dolmans have been the most picky in the past, doubt we would get it.

Shoog

Advertisement