Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike from SportOkay

Options
  • 28-04-2021 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone have experience buying bikes online from SportOkay? They're based in Austria. I've been trying to get a specific bike for ages in Ireland with no luck. SportOkay has it in my size.

For shipping to certain countries they have to get a quote so I couldn't buy directly off the website. I had to contact customer service where they calculated the shipping costs. They're asking for payment by bank transfer... The customer service agent I'm dealing with is sending emails from an address that's on the website. I even did some deeper digging and found him on LinkedIn and it seems legit. Is this a normal way to pay or is it too sketchy and should I avoid it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Very common in Germany to pay by bank transfer. Maybe it is the same in Austria.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 conor_ob

Raam wrote: »
    Very common in Germany to pay by bank transfer. Maybe it is the same in Austria.

Interesting, I just read another thread from today saying that Canyon in Germany do something similar

Advertisement