Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date of site notice for planning application

Options
  • 28-04-2021 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I appreciate these questions might seem trivial but its important to get through the first hurdle of an application imho i.e filling out form correctly and completely and site notice.
    The site notice should read word for word like the newspaper/public notice. OK.
    The newspaper is dated today and the site notice it contains is dated yesterday. The site notice has date of 27th. The application is being lodged tomorrow 29th and will state the notice erected tomorrow 29th, which it will be.
    I recall, years back, that the newspaper had to be current at the date of application so you could submit the application the day before the next edition. Was that correct and is it still so? Am I stressing over nothing?
    Thanks in advance.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

Your application has to be submitted within 14 days of the erection of the site notice and publication date of the newspaper.

For example: if your newspaper is published today (28th April), the final date for submitting based on that notice is the 11th May. If your site notice is dated yesterday (27th April), the final date for submitting based on that notice is the 10th May. Couple them together and the latest you can submit the application is the 10th May.

You appear to be stating that the site notice was dated yesterday (27th) but is not being erected until tomorrow (29th), the site notice should be dated the actual day it has been erected on site.

I would always advise having the date on the site notice correspond with the publication date of the newspaper notice to avoid any confusion.

I would also advise submitting it as soon as the notice is printed, that way if there is any validation issue and the application is returned, you have sufficient time to re-lodge without having to place another advert in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I would always advise having the date on the site notice correspond with the publication date of the newspaper notice to avoid any confusion.

I would also advise submitting it as soon as the notice is printed, that way if there is any validation issue and the application is returned, you have sufficient time to re-lodge without having to place another advert in the paper.
    Good advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PMBC wrote: »
    The site notice should read word for word like the newspaper/public notice.
    There is a slight difference in the wording.

The application is being lodged tomorrow 29th and will state the notice erected tomorrow 29th, which it will be.
    Dont muddy the waters. If the site notice is dated 27th then on the application give that date as the date it was erected. If its not too late just change the site notice and print out to match the date on the paper.

I recall, years back, that the newspaper had to be current at the date of application so you could submit the application the day before the next edition. Was that correct and is it still so? Am I stressing over nothing?
    You lodge the application within 14 days of the notice date. As mentioned above lodge asap in case it is invalidated in which case you will most likely be able to resubmit using same notices.

You are complicating and stressing a wee bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks people. The advice about timely submissions is very valid and my application was submitted today. Historically I always submitted the day the newspaper was printed/dated.
    Well almost always. Thirty odd years ago I did a pro bono extension for a poorish family with a disabled child and covered the newspaper ad cost myself. Then I missed the deadline and couldn't so well ask them to pay. So cost me two adverts. Hoping this stands me in good stead for the next life lol.

Advertisement