Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Teardrop Caravan brand is the best overall?

Options
  • 28-04-2021 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Since holidays abroad this summer will be less straight forward than in bygone times, I'm thinking of getting a caravan. I don't have much space in my driveway for one of the standard ones but recently discovered teardrops. Not sure about brands though. If we translate this into car lingo I'd be looking for the caravan equivalent of an Audi A1. Small, comfortable, has everything I need and some more, and lasts the test of time.

I'm in the UK at the moment so hopefully have more selection.

So far I like Caretta and Horizon brands but I don't have much point of reference on which brand is "good", or if its the case that compared to cars, caravan brands names are irrelevant because there's no engine etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭pairofpears

Being in the UK you will definitely have more selection. There are 2 manufacturers on the island of Ireland but the UK have a good few more it seems. I am renting a teardrop from Buckledwheel.ie in July to see how we go with that and if we all like it I would buy one then.

There are 2 manufacturers in the UK I have found through Ebay and if you check TNTTT.com you would probably find more there. Its a dedicated teardrop forum mainly in the USA but there are some English based people on it as I spoke to one couple about a trailer they had bought from one of the guys on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Advertisement