Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

???

Options
  • 28-04-2021 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I dunno if this is appropriate to post here but, I've been suffering from long term exhaustion. I mean I have no energy and I just drink energy drinks to no avail they do sweet feck all for me Thing is I haven't a clue what to get in a chemist I dunno any names of products :confused: Only thing Iam aware of is another energy drink I think its called g fuel Is that any use ? or should I go to a GP again I did before but, they didnt help me very much Gave me something very light did nothing for me wouldnt even give me some sleeping pills to help with sleep deprivation. Any help in recommending me something would be much appreciated Thanks Sorry again if this isnt the right topic to be posting this thread in P.S sorry for the title didnt know what illness to call it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

STEE91281 wrote: »
    I dunno if this is appropriate to post here but, I've been suffering from long term exhaustion. I mean I have no energy and I just drink energy drinks to no avail they do sweet feck all for me Thing is I haven't a clue what to get in a chemist I dunno any names of products :confused: Only thing Iam aware of is another energy drink I think its called g fuel Is that any use ? or should I go to a GP again I did before but, they didnt help me very much Gave me something very light did nothing for me wouldnt even give me some sleeping pills to help with sleep deprivation. Any help in recommending me something would be much appreciated Thanks Sorry again if this isnt the right topic to be posting this thread in P.S sorry for the title didnt know what illness to call it

Sounds like you need to see dietitian doctor to guide you towards healthy eating and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

So called energy drinks don’t give you energy. The main ingredient is caffeine, the stimulant found in tea and coffee but in higher amounts. They are also usually high in sugar.
    They are possibly the reason you find it difficult to get good quality sleep.
    Try cutting them out for a couple of weeks before seeing your GP again to see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Did your GP do any blood tests the last time? Low iron levels, thyroid issues and some vitamin deficiencies can all cause fatigue and can be treated. The GP should at least be able to rule them out as a start before looking into it more deeply.

Energy drinks are not helping you, as mentioned above.

Boards.ie should remove the category Long term Illness, according to policy we shouldn't give any advice on health-related issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

markmoto wrote: »
    Boards.ie should remove the category Long term Illness, according to policy we shouldn't give any advice on health-related issues.

I don’t really see how recommending the OP see a dietician, cut out excessive energy drinks, or ask their GP to do blood tests could constitute medical advice. Sounds more like common sense.

• Advertisement

nibtrix wrote: »
    I don’t really see how recommending the OP see a dietician, cut out excessive energy drinks, or ask their GP to do blood tests could constitute medical advice. Sounds more like common sense.

Absolutely agree with you, one thread just closed down because the moderator thought sharing youtube links is a medical advice and everyone should go to GP instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is a discussion site, people often use threads here as support, especially when newly diagnosed with a condition, medical advice is potentially dangerous so Boards must safeguard itself.. If you have any further issues please contact myself or other moderators or indeed Category Moderators by pm.. Posts like these makes the forum unwelcoming to new users

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement