Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Roof vent cover

• 27-04-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭ randomguy

Very random question, but I am trying to identify the size or brand of a roof vent cover.

I noticed a beam of light coming in to the attic, and on closer inspection realised the cover had come off one of the vents in the roof. I want to get a new one, but (a) am not sure if there is just a standard size and fit and (b) am not sure who I should get to do it, if not doing it myself - a roofer?

Any advice on replacing it would be appreciated.

Photos of the roof here:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

Standard vent cap.
    I’d go to one of the big suppliers and show the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭ randomguy

Thanks Gumbo - Are the big suppliers someone like Screwfix? Or a Builders Providers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

randomguy wrote: »
    Thanks Gumbo - Are the big suppliers someone like Screwfix? Or a Builders Providers?

Screwfix is like Argos.
    Your just buying from a book and the guys just get it from inventory.

Go to the likes of Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley’s, The Grange or other builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭ randomguy

In the end, I talked to a builders providers, who referred me to a roofing supply company (commercial), who referred me to another roofing supply company (domestic), who referred me to a roofer, who identified it as a Klober Universal 20 K Roof Tile Vent, and who is coming out tomorrow to replace it.

Result!

Advertisement